[volt-nuts] 732A and Prologix received

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Thu Aug 28 04:07:45 EDT 2014

I do fully agree with you. this has become, to a big extent, an academic debate. it may be relavant if the resolution needs to be in the nv-range, such as working with josephson-elements. I guess nobody in this group here is.
to your question, yes, the 34420a and the 2182 nanovolt meters use pure copper contacts, and from time to time they should be cleaned with deoxit. I have not seen any issue with these connectors. would I use unplated (non-gold-surface) copper connectors if I had a choice. never. did i ever have an emf problem with my gold plated copper spades in use together with the 34420a and 3458a. no. so for me at least the answer is simple.