[volt-nuts] Fluke 5200A extender board.

Charles Black cblack at centurytel.net
Thu Aug 28 12:15:48 EDT 2014

Hi Ken,

Nigel is setting you on the right track with Vectorbord. I have used
them for the edge connectors over the years with  good results. I don't
know if you are able to use Digikey of not but they list a 3690-26 ($80)
that will be easy to modify to work for your project. I probably
shouldn't have said that since I dont know how long you need the card
extendor to be. If it is long enough it is not hard to saw (or mill) it
twice to get the proper number of pins. I have a small mill available so
I would use it. If i had to use my table saw it would be more of a
challenge but it can be done. I usuallydon't need to glue the connector
since it is largely self supporting. If it is a bit too loose for you
it is easy to glue a plastic strip or two on the connector face. If you
really screw up the connector you can replace it with the one Nigel
found. Just use heavy wire wrap wire for any "Adjustments". There are a
few Vectorbord choices that would work for you. By the way, although
Vectorbord is the correct spelling it is commonly spelled Vectorboard on
the net.

Charlie