[volt-nuts] volt-nuts Digest, Vol 64, Issue 4

NeonJohn jgd at neon-john.com
Thu Dec 4 18:03:28 EST 2014

On 12/04/2014 04:00 PM, Dan Kemppainen wrote:

> The one thing I will say about Eagle, is the few questions I've had were
> answered with a quick phone call. Not sure if KiCAD has phone support or
> not. In a business environment, that can be worth a lot.

Yes, CadSoft is very responsive to support questions.  I never had to
call but they promptly answered emails.

I doubt that the KiCAD group has gotten to the point yet that they do
phone support but the mailing list is excellent.  When I was trying
KiCAD before I'd get answers within minutes.

> When you do the new board with KiCAD, be sure to post some results to
> your induction list. I'd like to hear how it works out...

I will.  This is a heater specially designed for our new line of
induction aluminum melting furnaces.  We've decided to open source the
design so the files will be on my site and Fluxeon's site.

The only thing that will go slow in the beginning will be remaking my
custom footprint library.

John

--
John DeArmond