[volt-nuts] LTZ1000 VS LM399

Jan Fredriksson jan at 41hz.com
Wed Dec 10 10:20:54 EST 2014

I have been off the list for a while, but noticed that there where
some posts on the LTZ1000 and LM399 about a month ago.

I just have a comment; the requirements on these two references
(standard datasheet implementations) are very much opposites:

- LTZ1000 requires very stable resistors but is practically immune to
supply voltage variations.

- LM399 does not require high stability resistors but requirements on
stable supply voltage are high.

On the $ of one LTZ1000 board, you can get a number of LM399
paralelled & averaged.
But one LTZ1000 runs on less power than one LM399

my 2c