[volt-nuts] The "averaging reference"

Joel Setton setton at free.fr
Fri Dec 19 12:17:01 EST 2014

Guys,

Thanks for your comments! The idea is to use a simple resistor averaging
network, as shown in Fig. 14 of the REF102 datasheet.
I hadn't thought of the effect of relative humidity, would the
temperature-controlled enclosure at (say) 50C/122F change things in this
respect?
One nice thing about this circuit topology is that it's a simple matter
to measure the drift of each individual reference chip with respect to
the averaged output, even plot it over temperature.

At this time my biggest question is how to compute the total error
budget for such an arrangement. Any help would be appreciated!

Joel Setton