[volt-nuts] JJA progress report

Joe Hobart nova at npgcable.com
Sun Feb 16 14:54:07 EST 2014

Thanks to the DOD and radio waves, accurate frequency is available at most
places on Earth.  SPRTs and more robust Reference PRTs have been available for
many years.

Frequency to one part in a thousand million is easy.  Measuring temperature to
0.1 degree C is also easy; controlling temperature may not be as easy.

What are the frequency, temperature, and other requirements for the
"inexpensive" JVS systems NIST has been developing?

How many similar JVS/JJA units does a major test equipment company like Agilent
or Fluke have at any one location?

Joe