[volt-nuts] Newbie here...

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sat Feb 22 21:31:08 EST 2014

My take

HP 3456A - Great meter. Manuals on the web. Has at least one HP custom
device that is a problem,  other then salvaging from anohter 3456A is
unobtanium. The most complex of your collection.

Valhalla 4440. Other then for the fun of fixing stuff not worth anything.

Racal Dana 4200 Don't know it

EI 3000. I don't have a 3000 but do have a lower cost variant. At least to
me a collectors item. You say "pretty close", pretty close to what ?  I
believe it was EI that originated feedback in the Zener loop, finally
getting rid of the chopper. If anything the reference by now should have
settled down :-).

Depending on your experience in repairing T&M, I'd use the Valhalla as a
way to get some. Then get a manual for the 4200 and repair it. Finally dive
into the 3456A.

Love to see some inside pictures of the EI.

-pete