[volt-nuts] Question for Fluke 732A owners

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Wed Feb 26 18:53:24 EST 2014

Oooooh!!  THAT's what they mean by 'male' and 'female'.  I get it!   :^))

My 732A has male pins on the battery module and female sockets on the mating
connector/plug.

BTW, the mating connector is not easy to find.  Several phone calls to Fluke
led me to Fluke Item Number 2181497, Description: 100-166, PLUG - MALE, H.
I ordered two but all that arrived was the shell, no contacts.  I tried
calling Fluke but was unable to find anyone that had a clue about the plug
or it's contacts.  Perhaps I'll try again when I get some spare time to
spend  another hour on the phone.

An effort with the Hypertronics website led to P/N D01PB306FSTAH which is
the mating plug for the Fluke 732A, contacts and all.  The plug is composed
of two components:  HYP D01PB306NT, PLUG, 3P BLACK, and HYP YSK006-010ANH,
SOCKET, SOLDER CUP 50 UIN, but it is ordered with the P/N listed.

I found them at Kensington Electronics in Austin, TX, with a minimum $50
order.  I ordered 6 after reviewing the specifics with the sales person who
confirmed that I had the correct part number.  They work perfectly.  I have
some spares if anyone is interested.

If you wanted male contacts for the mating plug for the 732A, as best I can
tell, the P/N would be D01PB306MSTH.  The 'TAH' relates to 50 uin gold over
nickel plating over female sockets and the 'TH' relates to 50 uin gold over
nickel plating over male pins.  A little time with the data sheet for the
Hypertronics connectors should make it all clear.

Joe