[volt-nuts] PWM voltage divider

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Wed Jan 8 04:38:09 EST 2014

Jan,

with standard PWM generated from a microcontroller the repetition rates of
the signal may get VERY slow with higher resolutions, making it difficult to
make a pure DC signal from. You should consider to use a Sigma-Delta DAC
which is very easy to program in a microcontroller. I have used AVR Megas
with software Sigma Delta DACs and precision analogue multiplexers to switch
between the reference and GND up to 20 bits of resolution. Worked fine!

Best regards
Ulrich