[volt-nuts] Buying HP-3458A

R.Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Sun Jul 6 15:07:48 EDT 2014

Randy
I'm already forgetting some of the facts that made up the price that I paid
for the repair and re-cal. for my 3458A, as I have been involved in a number
of other restoration/repairs, but it was remarkably similar in £ sterling,
against your US $ price - so I guess it would seem to be a fixed charge ? My
instrument failed when the 'classic' RAM/ROM 's ran out of battery support
and further, they found another section which had gone bad. There's nothing
to give your more confidence than the Agilent Calibration Certificate that
comes with the package,as this is probably the prime instrument in the
collection of we lucky owners, so it has to be good.  As I have stated in a
previous exchange, the 'new' processor/ROM/RAM board is now fitted with
sockets, and the devices that were formerly fitted, have been replaced with
the new type that only connect the battery support power when they are
plugged in to their sockets.
Roy