[volt-nuts] AC Voltage Measurement Standards

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Tue Jul 8 22:31:53 EDT 2014

John,

Thanks for the reply.  I have both of those.

What I'm thinking about is a measurement standard.  That is, how do I know
that my 'standards' are accurate?

That brings to mind the 'thermal converter' issue.  The 8506A apparently
uses a 'thermal converter' as part of its measurement process.  The
individual A55 Thermal Converters can be used for their various ranges but
might be more expensive if you collect all of them.

So, the question is how would you go about 'proving' that your reference is
indeed accurate?  As best I can tell, this has to do with comparing it to
some DC reference by virtue of an RMS (thermal, as best I can tell)
comparison.

Joe