[volt-nuts] AC Voltage Measurement Standards

Mitch Van Ochten mitch at vincentelectronics.com
Tue Jul 8 22:52:42 EDT 2014


I used a Fluke 540 for a while, and also the Fluke 8506A.  The Fluke 540 is
MUCH more difficult to use. You need to flip the switch between two
positions rapidly and the results you get depend somewhat on how "rapidly"
you make the transition. For AC volts the 8506A seems very nice.

Best regards,


-----Original Message-----
From: volt-nuts-bounces at febo.com [mailto:volt-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On
Behalf Of J. L. Trantham
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:46 PM
To: Discussion of precise voltage measurement
Subject: [volt-nuts] AC Voltage Measurement Standards

I've been thinking about adding an AC Voltage Measurement Standard to my


It would appear that most of these have to do with thermal converters.  Does
anyone have any thoughts about this?


I've been thinking about a Fluke 540B, 8506A, or a collection of A55 Thermal
Converters.  I have accurate DC measurement tools and DC standards.


I would appreciate any thoughts.


Thanks in advance.



volt-nuts mailing list -- volt-nuts at febo.com To unsubscribe, go to
and follow the instructions there.

More information about the volt-nuts mailing list