[volt-nuts] AC Voltage Measurement Standards

ben ben at veritechmeasurements.com.au
Thu Jul 10 05:17:12 EDT 2014

Hello,   For my 5cents worth, I also found Fluke 8506A's to be satisfactory
- so long as they work. I only have one good remaining unit that does AC
volts as well as DC.  I like the HP 3458A for AC volts, but always need to
apply corrections for serious AC volts work.    A better solution I now use
is the Datron 4920 units which are an order of magnitude more accurate than
the 3458A across their full bandwidth. However, be aware of their input
impedance and selection of cables - always use short coaxial. The 4920
impedance is around 100k to 400kohm (mostly frequency dependant) and this
also varies during its sampling period. Otherwise they are great units, in
the same ball park as a Fluke 5790 but way cheaper.  For an AC source I
thoroughly recommend the Datron 4200 or 4700 series, which are also way
cheaper than the near equivalent Fluke 5700.
Ben