[volt-nuts] Solartron 7071 noisy

BIll Ezell wje at quackers.net
Wed Jul 23 16:17:17 EDT 2014

That's a little high, a bit worse that what I remember mine being.
According to the specs, you should expect about 0.1/0.6/4 uV for those
ranges.
So, your 10V seems a bit noisy.
Question, what was your warmup time? These really take about 24 hours to
fully stabilize.
Do you have the service guide? There are several internal adjustments
that affect the total noise, might just need tweaking.

But, don't try to recalibrate the actual reference voltage unless you
have a very good standard, of which a single Weston cell is not one of.

I'll give mine a check.

--
Bill Ezell