[volt-nuts] A Fluke 732A: Return it or keep it?

Charles Black cblack at centurytel.net
Thu Jun 12 12:18:13 EDT 2014

Hi Roy,

I would like to second Todd's advice about leaving the Fluke 732A's
output voltage adjustment alone. You already have stable outputs and 24
microvolts high is very acceptable. My Datron 4910 (four output supply)
has predictable digital output level settings that doesn't have any luck
involved so it is a better candidate for resetting the standards than
the Fluke 732A. I had Fluke reset them last calibration because I had
just repaired the Datron 4910 and my voltages were all over the place
but stable.  Also I would expect your Fluke 732A to about as temperature
stable as my Datron 4910. In my experience my 3458A needs to be at 23C
to calibrate. Also it should have the fan filter freshly cleaned and
record the 3458A's internal temperature. I have recorded (over several
days) each Datron 4910 output with my 3458A and a switch and can say
that the Datrons are temperature stable but not my 3458A.

Charlie