[volt-nuts] Economical Standard Calibration

Dallas Smith dosmith at outlook.com
Sat Mar 8 20:26:23 EST 2014

I'm in west Michigan, Holland. As far as accuracy the manual states  ±10ppm for 30 day or ±30ppm per year for the 10v output .
 I need it to calibrate my (modified with reference oven)  EDC (Electronic Development Corp.) model 520a. Which I calibrate my Fluke 510a with a Fluke 720 voltage divider. I use the 510a to calibrate DB voltage for my audio test equipment. I also have a Fluke 8505, Fluke 8800 and Data Precision Model 2500.

So if I can achieve ±50ppm per year this would be sufficient, but better would be nice since they may not be calibrated every year.

I’m just a hobbies audio engineer that designs audiophile equipment and other interesting projects not related. So sending it to fluke is not economical for me.

Since Joe suspended  operations for his SVR-T with low cost calibration. I purchased one and put it in a 35°C oven and it seems to outperform the Fluke 731b as compared to my 8505 for drift. I will have three 10 volt references in my lab to track uncertainty.

So are there any calibration labs that will calibrate my 731a and my home brew reference’s?