[volt-nuts] Newer Fluke 845ab manual with chopper mod?

Dallas Smith dosmith at outlook.com
Tue May 6 13:15:15 EDT 2014

Did Fluke ever make the 845ab Null Meter with the optically-isolated
Bilateral Analog FET chopper? Is so where's the schematic? The 335D is
not optically isolated. Will not having this isolation effect the
leakage? What is the part number of the optical-isolated Bi-FET?

My Fluke null meter new neon's are now starting to flicker with unstable
zero again.
I modified the meter to use curve tracer selected INS-1 Russian neon
dots. Selected for equal break down voltage and brightness. Worked well
for about two years. The NE2? with the isotope in it is impossible to find.

Has anyone used some type of circuit modification for this meter?

Dallas