[volt-nuts] HP-419 and Fluke 845 Modifications

Dave M dgminala at mediacombb.net
Sun Nov 30 21:37:52 EST 2014

Randy,
Thanks for continuing with this modification.

Speaking of the Fluke 845A;
At first glance, you could probably leave the existing power supply inverter
circuit intact, as well as the isolation transformer for the recorder
output, with the recorder output transformer being driven (at the center
tap) by the output of the last DC amp stage of the null amp circuit.  That
would maintain the isolation of the meter and recorder output, and eliminate
the need for an extra amp for them.  It would also maintain the guard
integrity, keeping the instrument's operational characteristics as close to
original as possible.
By leaving the existing inverter circuit in place, you can easily derive any
voltages (+ and -) that your mod needs from it, without the need for
additional isolated power supplies

Dave M