[volt-nuts] 845ab Led Mod Update

Bill Gold wpgold3637 at att.net
Thu Sep 25 11:10:14 EDT 2014

Dallas:

    I check my 845ab yesterday, S/N 4470002.  It still has the neon
bulbs/photo resistors chopper.

    From what I can observe the Peak to Peak noise on the 1 mv range is
about +/- 0.1 mv, or a total of around 0.2 mv.  As far as temperature drift
I don't know.  Never tried to measure that parameter.

    Sure would love to know if the FLUKE modification to the 845ab made in
1993, when the new circuit was put into production, makes the noise lower.
Or better, if your efforts can make the noise lower on the 1 mv range.

Bill