[volt-nuts] The Art of Electronics

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Apr 17 09:05:38 EDT 2015

That is precisely the same complaint I had when I got
my copy of AoE.  It reminded me greatly of the old
circuits compendiums that McGraw Hill used to publish,
where they simply had every schematic tidbit they could
legally get their hands on published in a huge book.

It is nice to see how someone handled a problem, but
even nicer to get information on how a circuit came
to be.

Sometimes AoE(II) gets into it, and provides design
information, but mostly, it just shows circuits.  When
it does get into the theory, it reads like a regurgitation
of Millman.

-Chuck Harris