[volt-nuts] Transmille 8081

randyevans2688 randyevans2688 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 19:27:34 EDT 2015

What is AOE3?
Randy Evans

-------- Original message --------
From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk at phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: 04/22/2015  11:41  (GMT-08:00)
To: Ken.Peek at DiligentMinds.com, Discussion of precise voltage measurement <volt-nuts at febo.com>
Subject: Re: [volt-nuts] Transmille 8081

--------
In message <1429713386.29372.25.camel at D2>, Ken Peek writes:

>and balancing JFET switch transitions
>during an ADC cycle is the "secret sauce" that is at the heart of the
>3458A's stellar INL spec.  No one else has that.  No one else ever will.
>*WAY* too expensive for even Keysight to redesign these days.  Just is
>not going to happen...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure that's an integral
feature of a number of ADC chips already.

Probably something about a patent expiring...

PS: There's a very instructive walk through the HP multislope in AOE3.
Doesn't really go into the 3458 much, but they lay out how the subsequent
versions in 34401/34972 do things.

--
Poul-Henning Kamp       | UNIX since Zilog Zeus 3.20
phk at FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956