[volt-nuts] VFD wearout (was "dark display for 3458)

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 13:36:22 EDT 2015

Hi Chuck,

It is very interesting and unexpected. These displays were replaced for no other reason than they were difficult to read, and now this particular sample is just fine.

I have a couple more, I will try to cycle them through my prototype.

I know that I have had a number of clocks with VFDs that became unusable for the same reason over the years. This is the first time that I get one to restore itself.

Not sure how much of that would be useful with the 3548 display.

Didier KO4BB

--
Sent from my Motorola Droid Razr HD 4G LTE wireless tracker while I do other things.