[volt-nuts] Advise to Junior Member Regarding Acquisition of Fluke 5XXX Series Calibrator

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Thu Apr 30 13:17:57 EDT 2015

Stan,
Just got this today, so not sure whats going on (seems this was sent on the 24th) and if response is too late, but here it is anyway (hope I understood your problem).

I think you are well set with the three instruments you mention, no need for a 720 KVD. say you want to transfer 1v from a 732A (btw: you would actally have the 10V calibrated n this device, as it is more stable) to a 5440A. All you do is measure the 732A 1V output with your 3458A, record the value, connect it to the 5440A and adjust the output voltage until you have the same reading. accuracy is better than the 2ppm, just check the 3458A data sheet.
Not sure this answers your question.

Adrian