[volt-nuts] Precision resistors

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 14:00:34 EDT 2015

David,

Depending on the time frame needed for these resistors you can order many
(but not all) of the parts from Farnell. I believe the Rhopoint resistors
are the recommended brand. The high value resistors could be Caddock USF
series.

Another alternative would be to contact Edwin Pettis. He manufacturers
custom resistors and does ship internationally. He is working on a
'project' for me that requires a replacement precision resistor. I am not
sure if he can make the highest values.

Your other alternative would be to order a couple of these
http://www.precisionresistor.com/Digital-Multimeter-Calibrator/

They have made me some custom sets, so I know it can be done. The 10M
resistor prices are extremely high and the turn around for the custom sets
can be long. They do not make 20M WW resistors last time I checked. You
will probably still need to buy separate resistors from Caddock.

I am guessing the Fluke 5450A is difficult to get or is too expensive where
you live.

Todd