[volt-nuts] Building a high resolution DAC

Daniel Mendes dmendesf at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 09:47:15 EDT 2015

Em 17/08/2015 10:16, Attila Kinali escreveu:

> So, the question is how would one calibrate something like this?
> Or am I missing something fundamental here?

If tasked with such mission i would pick a 7.5 digits meter, connect the
DAC to it, connect both to a computer, excite every code of the DAC and
log the output from the meter. Then i would plot and figure a way to
compress the table (linearize the output). Probably some temp
compensation would play here too... so it must be done with the dac in
different temperatures.

Daniel