[volt-nuts] Anyone know how to make stable inductors?

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Fri Aug 21 08:17:23 EDT 2015

I did a quick and dirty check, using a standard wire DUT adapter with my (not calibrated) 4275 meter and 2x 100R and 1x 1000pf. According to the guide below, this should reslt in 10uH.
Checked the parts allone with the meter before, all reasonably close to nominal.
One end of the resistors connected to the wire contacts each, other ends hooked up together and connected to the case through the 1nF capacitor.
Not precise parts, ended up at about 9.9uH at 1MHz.
So while this is by no means any quantitive analysis, it seems to work in principle and would be worth building the real ones with shielded case.
Again, calibrating these meters does not require inductors, still it is a pretty interesting approach i think.