[volt-nuts] Stabilising resistors

Will willvolts at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 09:45:07 EDT 2015

The HP calibration set that I used had cheap SMD chip resistors (!)
inside, which behave nicely up to several hundred MHz. The overall
high frequency performance is determined by the layout and connections
which are critical.

The resistors drifted a lot as expected and were checked before every
calibration with a 3458A. The high frequency behaviour was assumed to
be constant (enough) and the small parasitic inductance and
capacitance were taken from the HP calibration certificate.