[volt-nuts] Datron 1281

MailLists lists at medesign.ro
Wed Jan 21 01:24:44 EST 2015

Actually it's a 3.6V (SL-750/T) one. It still has ~3.68V, and no NVRAM
checksum errors are reported.

It's a no opts unit (only DCV), so the errors are not related to
resistance measurement.
As Hubert (Dankeschön) pointed out, it's related to the int cal src
drifting outside certain ranges.
As Laurence (thank you) observed, it probably would be fixed with the
int src cal characterization after ext cal, if nothing is physically wrong.

The manual specifies:
N.B.
Full Selftest cannot be selected unless a successful
'Internal Source Calibration' has been carried out
since the most-recent External Calibration.
Caution
The success of Full Selftest can be inhibited by:
• temperature not in the range: 13°C to 33°C;
• more than 1 year since Internal Source
Calibration executed;
• temperature more than 10degC different from
Internal Source Calibration; or
• presence of excessive RFI or Line noise.

2273	1V Range - Attenuated +10V Ref Magnitude Drift
	Digital comparison of the present magnitude against that
	recorded at the most-recent Internal Source Cal.
	+100mV Signal Mag. Drift   1-10ppm < drift < 1+10ppm

2283	100mV Range - Attenuated +10V Ref Magnitude Drift
	Digital comparison of the present magnitude against that
	recorded at the most-recent Internal Source Cal.
	+100mV Signal Mag. Drift   1-20ppm < drift < 1+20ppm

How would that drift be determined, without an ext cal?

Regards,
Gabi