[volt-nuts] [Bulk] Re: 3458A reference boards on ebay

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Wed Jan 28 00:01:40 EST 2015

When these boards are installed in a 3458A, the LTZ1000 is covered by a small, white, 'hat' that mounts with screws that pass through the two holes on opposite sides of the LTZ1000.  I've never removed the board to see if there is anything on the bottom of the board that would cover the bottom of the LTZ1000.

Does anyone know what this 'hat' is constructed of or the HP/Agilent/Keysight part number of this item is?  Is it available from Keysight?

In the 3458A the reference board is under a cover that covers about half of the top of the meter but not 'insulated' beyond that, except for the 'hat' referred to above.

It would appear desirable to find what that 'hat' is and see if something could be fabricated to 'insulate' the LTZ1000 for a 'do it yourself' standalone reference.

Would appreciate hearing anything about how the reference board is 'insulated' in the 3458A.

Thanks.

Joe