[volt-nuts] Oven thermal insulation

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Tue Jul 7 15:50:57 EDT 2015

Bear in mind that the common ordinary styrofoam cup
does just fine when containing boiling water.

Where it has problems is when it is in contact with
the heating elements, and they are allowed to overshoot
the desired temperature greatly.

The answer is to make sure that your heating element is
in good thermal contact with the metal oven, and not in
contact with your insulation... That, and don't get too
aggressive with the delta t component of your PID algorithm.

-Chuck Harris