[volt-nuts] Test Leads

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Tue Jul 21 16:19:15 EDT 2015

the best is really to use bare copper wires, such as used for wiring bells at home. does not look fancy, but low EMF.
Re. the low EMF Pomona cables with 4mm plugs, when you insert them in their (Pomona's) low EMF binding terminals, the spring that activates the safty protection pushes them out slowly, same with other binding posts, so not a safe connection if you are not carefull. Badly engineered imo.
I made my own cables with spades, using high quality gold plated pure copper spades and kapton twisted shielded cables, but again, bare copper is better (see guildline video on youtube re. their resistance bridges), but you will probably, if at all, only see that with a 34420A in lowest resolution (actually I have not).