[volt-nuts] Bls: How accurate is a fluke after 9 years

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Sun May 17 12:16:33 EDT 2015

I have VPG hermetic foil resistors that drifted 0.2ppm/year (verified in cal lab). temp co. arround room temp <0,2ppm/k. my personal opinion, they are the best resistors for stability that you can purchse as a standard list item. Mine were < 40usd (4-wire, 0.1%, in reality they are better 0.01%). 2-wire types are probably cheaper.
you cannot use standard foil resistors, they drift due to humidity, some 10 ppm easily pa.
I would think Edward Petties do drift as well, most likely onsiderably more than the heremtic resistors, but probably less than vpg epoxy foil,(there is no drift spec against time from him), since his are not hermetic. And also, typically his temp drift is worse (1-3ppm/K versus <0,5).

Adrian