[volt-nuts] Solartron 7081 randomly reinitializes

BIll Ezell wje at quackers.net
Fri Apr 15 08:55:32 EDT 2016

C2 certainly holds off the reset, not sure if it's just for pwdn, or also startup. If you can check voltages around the reset logic,
might give you some more clues. Not much else I can think of that could be causing this, although I suppose if you have enough ripple
on the +5v to the microprocessor, that could be triggering its own shutdown/restart. But, you've already checked that.

PS - my comment about the nvram was for the 'cal constant' thread. I just combined them. Guess I should have pointed that out. :)

BTW, my 7081 that usually holds calibration very well was off by 10 ppm when I turned it on a few days ago even after 24h warmup.
Hope this isn't a sign of something bad coming. I have an HP 3458 ref, maybe I'll try that mod to use it in my 7081.

Interestingly, my 7061 has held calibration impressively, off by only 3 ppm, and it's been a year since I calibrated it.
(I use a pair of Datron 4910's for calibration. I had one calibrated by Fluke, and I do differential comparisons between the two
to track drift. They are amazingly stable. Of course, they have been in continuous operation for about 12 years in my lab, and who
knows how long before I got them.)