[volt-nuts] fluke 731b battery pack

Bill Gold wpgold3637 at att.net
Wed Aug 3 15:37:48 EDT 2016

Eric:

    I have been using NiMH AA batteries in my 731B for at least 15 years
now.  I am sure that the specs say don't use them in a circuit designed for
NiCd but I haven't had any problems with over heating or overcharging.  You
have to do some mods to the battery mounting to get them in there but once
done you are good for a lifetime.  I have never checked to see how long the
NiMH batteries would run for but my guess would be longer than the original
NiCds.

Bill