[volt-nuts] LTZ1000 project build

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 18:06:48 EDT 2016

Could this be caused by ionic contamination of the printed circuit
board?  The quick test I have used for this is to blow on the board
with a straw.

In extreme cases solving it usually involved dropping the board into
an ultrasonic cleaner with water and a bit of dish soap or TSP, then a
rinse in pure (deionized, reverse osmosis, distilled, whatever) water,
and then another cycle in the ultrasonic cleaner with pure water.  Dry
with an air compressor and then bake out in an oven.

In production, we had to run boards through a dishwasher using
detergent and pure water before loading them with parts.