[volt-nuts] LTZ1000 project build

Illya Tsemenko illya at xdevs.com
Thu May 26 06:42:54 EDT 2016

I'm glad my little project got so much attention. Worth to mention few
points regarding my (or any other LTZ1000) unit:

A. One should consider cost of whole BOM, not only LTZ chip. In my case
resistors from VPG exceed cost of LTZ1000 by far.
B. PCB I designed was targeted best to my own application need, where
compact size and direct output (whatever is coming out of LTZ) were key
importance. Since modules are part of bigger system with DAC synth,
specific value, like 7.1500000 was not important for me.
C. If there is large enough group to have this project going, I can
actually modify original design (e.g. for easier hand soldering, or
added buffer or ratio circuits, onboard LDO, you name it) and get PCBs
made for interested nuts, at small cost.

You can also find lot of temco/stability data with
temperature/environment logs with mentioned LTZ modules on my site here:
https://xdevs.com/services/ in LTZ1000 voltage reference tests section.
RAW DSV data are available. I still have 3 modules at hand for any
testing/checks (one was sold while ago, one was installed in HP 3245A
source to replace LM399).

Illya "TiN" Tsemenko