[volt-nuts] How to keep voltage stable in the sub-100nV range?

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Wed Nov 2 04:42:22 EDT 2016

Andreas wrote:

> Do you have some specific recommendations/suggestions what to use?

PTFE, polystyrene, or polypropylene (in descending order of desirability
for this application).

In some cases, the lowest permittivity ceramics (NP0/C0G) might be OK,
but they would not be my first choice due to higher dielectric
absorption and susceptability to microphonics.  Mica has significantly
higher dielectric absorption, so it is not a good choice when settling
to a very small tolerance is required.

Best regards,

Charles