[volt-nuts] How to keep voltage stable in the sub-100nV range?

Scott Stobbe scott.j.stobbe at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 10:28:46 EDT 2016

Depending on whether or not you care about DC, aluminum electrolytics can
be made to work by bootstraping. There is a Jim Williams app note for a 0.1
to 10 Hz preamp which recommends a $400 wet slug tantalum. Which is a tad
pricey, so I gave Bootstaping a 4700 uF electrolytic a try. It ended up
that impact of leakage noise/drift was below the input referred noise of
the auto-zero amp at 6nV/rtHz over 0.1 to 10 Hz.