[volt-nuts] low emf solder

NeonJohn jgd at neon-john.com
Fri Oct 28 17:09:30 EDT 2016

Let's don't get carried away with cadmium toxicity.  Yes, it is toxic is
sufficient dose but the LD50 dose for Cd is  750 mg/kg while the value
for lead is around 450mg/kg.

As far as dumping it in a solder pot, that works just fine for me.  It's
cheaper to buy 50/50 plumber's bar solder and then add the appropriate
amount of lead to get to the eutectic point.

One should also realize that cad-plated hardware is still available.  I
get mine from McMaster-Carr.

John