[volt-nuts] Availability of 3458A in Europe after the end of 2016.

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Oct 29 12:57:18 EDT 2016

The 3458A page on the Keysight website is interesting.

"Notice for European Union Customers: This product is not updated to EU
RoHS compliance and can be ordered via Keysight directly or Keysight
Authorized Distributors until 31 December 2016. Beyond this date, the
product can still be purchased from Keysight Authorized Distributors.
Please contact Keysight Authorized Distributors or your local Keysight
sales representative for quotation and ordering."

It seems you can't buy it from Keysight, but you can from their
distributors. But most times I've contacted Keysight about buying things,
they tell me to get them from their distributors anyway.

If I interpret

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/rohs-compliance-and-guidance

correctly, nobody should be stick non-compliant things in the EU market.

I can't be bothered to read in detail the

"DIRECTIVE 2011/65/EU OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL of 8
June 2011 on the restriction of the use of certain hazardous substances in
electrical and electronic equipment (recast)"

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2011:174:0088:0110:EN:PDF

as I some paint I want to watch dry. But a cursory glance shows exceptions,
but none seem relevant to a 3458A.

Dave