[volt-nuts] low emf solder

Andrea Baldoni erm191ba3 at ermione.com
Mon Oct 31 09:30:32 EDT 2016

On Sat, Oct 29, 2016 at 03:27:49PM +0100, Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) wrote:

> Perhaps the person who was making the measurements on the solder, could try
> making a thermocouple by welding two bits of wire taken from different
> sources. I guess the problem would be preventing any impurities entering
> the weld. A quick Google suggests one needs argon gas when welding copper.

Hello David.
I can test two different wires even without welding them, eventually.
This will not make a very durable thermocouple but if I clean them to avoid to
have a oxide layer, the result should be the same for the sake of measuring
thermal EMF.

I expect to have a very low signal to measure though. I must think to
experiment setup.

Best regards,
Andrea Baldoni