[volt-nuts] HP 3458A/HFL : looking for information/photos/fw

acbern at gmx.de acbern at gmx.de
Wed Sep 14 03:39:37 EDT 2016

The value of the HFL is that by spec, it is better. So you can use its improved values in your uncertainty budget. If you do an upgrade yourself, you cannot rely on that. So you have to characterize your instrument after that. But you can as well do that with the standard meter as-is, and probably end up with results as good as the HFL, especially if it is a meter that has the VHP101 resistor installed (ACAL does the rest).