[volt-nuts] PCBs with ceramic substrates

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Fri Apr 7 14:52:50 EDT 2017

We used them in the supercomputer space long long ago. Mount 8 die to
ceramic substrate, mount those to Rogers boards. Thermal wasn't really an
issue as everything was bathed in Flourinertâ„¢.

Was an interesting project. The Unix kernel scheduler had to make
scheduling decisions based on all the usual criteria plus how far away the
free CPU and/or memory was.

Bob