[volt-nuts] Fluke 887 mod with LTC1050

Randy Evans randyevans2688 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 17:31:54 EDT 2017

Frank,

The 8 pA bias current is well within the spec for the LTC1050 (+-10pA
typical, worst case +-50pA at 25C) but I was surprised about the lack of
variation. I also tried an "air bridge" wiring from the 887 filter to the
LTC1050 to avoid any leakage of the circuit board.  It made no difference,
essentially eliminating board leakage.  It could still be switch leakage.
Eventually I plan on just [putting a 1 megohm resistor from the LTC1050
positive input to ground and see if I still see the 8pA leakage.  If I do,
then it's definitely the IC and not the switches.

Randy

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 3:59 AM, Frank Stellmach <frank.stellmach at freenet.de