[volt-nuts] 3458A in the SW Chicagoland area/Geller Labs references?

Chris Farley kc9ieq at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 11 17:55:02 EDT 2017

Greetings all,

As suggested several months ago, I'm put out an inquiry/request to see if there's anybody in the area who has an HP3458A or better anywhere near me down here in Sandwich, that I might be able to either A) compare readings to my 3456A, or possibly use (without removing from your premises, obviously) use to calibrate my Fluke 332B.  I have means to keep my units powered during transport, so hopefully would not require hours of sitting to stabilize before taking any readings.  The 3456A's limitations are really being stretched, in trying to calibrate a 332B with it alone.

Alternatively, is anybody aware of a Geller Labs (closed) voltage reference available on the used market, or something of equal or better precision available today?  The Malone Electronics VREF10-003 looks very interesting, with supposed 6mos accurace of ±300uV.

Regards,
Chris