[volt-nuts] Screws in bottom of 3457A

Dr. David Kirkby (Kirkby Microwave Ltd) drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk
Sat Jun 10 17:21:36 EDT 2017

I've done something rather stupid with my 3457A. I took it apart to replace
the battery, and then seem to have mislaid the screws that hold the thing
together. As far as I can see, there are 4 screws in the base. The problem
is, I don't know what type they are. Could anyone with a 3457A tell me the
type - a photo with dimensions on emailed to me would be great. I'm
guessing these will be an American thread of some sort. I can get these in
the UK, although not quite as readily as metric. But of course its
difficult if you don't know what you want.

FWIW, I decided not to change the battery. Having visited Keysight in
February, their cal lab manager said if I asked for it, they would check
the calibration of the instrument before replacing the battery, then
replace the battery at zero cost*, then calibrate it. So I would get before
and after data anyway.

* This assumes the battery is not very expensive. If the battery was
expensive, I'd have to pay for the battery.

My 3457A has not seen a cal lab in a couple of decades, so I think it
deserves a check over.

Dave