[volt-nuts] Short term "standard" cell?

kc9ieq kc9ieq at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 11 11:51:52 EST 2017

In preparation of (hopefully!) Getting that fluke 332A running and sticker shock of what the 732A and similar references go for, I wonder about normal, every day alkaline or lithium batteries and their short term stability.
Here's the half baked idea.  A fresh, standard 1.5V, or 3V lithium, alkaline, or silver oxide button cell battery, or even an AA sized cell, measured by someone/some place with a known accurate precision meter.  Invisioning 6 or so decimal places.  Could that cell then be shipped, and used as a reference in another altitude?  I haven't spent a ton of time looking, but haven't yet found anything on the web about stability of these types of batteries.
Regards, Chris

Sent from my SMRTphone