[volt-nuts] Short term "standard" cell, and 332B

kc9ieq kc9ieq at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 16 14:23:46 EDT 2017

Many thanks to all for your replies on both these topics.  I have not addressed many of the comments regarding standards because I now have a LOT of material to go through, read, and understand.  Also looking at purchasing a copy of the Fluke "Calibration: Philosophy in Practice" which will hopefully learn me a thing or two.  If anybody has other suggested reading material, please do share.
On the Fluke 332B, it's alive!!  I went ahead and just shotgunned all the electrolytics since so many were bad, and that alone (more or less) fixed the instrument.  It seems very stable, output after just a minute or so has not budged in 12 hours.  10V measures 10.0020V on the HP 3456A.  Odds are both units are out of cal so I'm not doing any tweaking just yet.
A list member suggested that perhaps there is another volt nut near me who might possibly offer some assistance.  I am in a far Southwest Chicago suburb, if there IS anyone on list who has the ability, and time or desire to assist me in getting one or both of these units into cal I would certainly be very appreciative!  Now knowing just enough to be dangerous, I fear I have very much to read and even more to spend in order to truly calibrate anything to this level of accuracy.  Example, several hundred or thousand dollar plus calibrators or Kelvin-Varley dividers are _not_ in the budget for any foreseeable amount of time.  If it was, I would have just bought a freshly cal'd 3458 and been done with it :)
Regards, Chris Farley

Sent from my SMRTphone