[volt-nuts] Banana jack shorting straps

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 17:20:03 EST 2017

Recently on EEVBLOG there was a thread where a guy mentioned that he was going to machine some shorting bars for banana jack out of copper.   I made the suggestion to gold plate them to avoid copper oxide issue.  Another guy mentioned making them like a PCB (like Fluke does).

I did a little thinking and checking and am going to have some built.  Probably 0.8 .. 1mm FR4 core, 15x35 mm, double sided 2 oz copper,  ENIG gold finish.   Anybody interested in some?   Fab cost goes down rather quickly with quantity.  Cost target is maybe $10 for 10 pieces shipped.    OSHPARK cost would be around $5 for three boards on 1.6mm, 1 oz copper.