[volt-nuts] Agilent 3458A Issues

Illya Tsemenko illya at xdevs.com
Sat Nov 18 07:47:25 EST 2017

Since you have 732A, testing should be easy enough. Calibrate faulty meter for zero and DCV 10V to 732A, record CAL? 2,1 value. This is your LTZ output. Then leave it running for few days to drift away and calibrate again to same 732A. Check CAL? 2,1 again. Calculate the difference and if it matches output drift (that 1.1ppm/day you mention) - you can be 80% sure that A9 is a problem. Other 19% go to A1 and A3 circuits, as 7V is not used directly in the meter, and there are still gain parts to get +12 and -12VREF on A3 and 10Vish bipolar levels on A1. If your CAL? 2,1 stays same (within 0.3ppm) then A9 is fine.